WoW Shortcut keys can be an essential part of your gameplay in Azaroth. They will certianly help with speeding up tasks and actions you will need to do while adventuring, some of these things you will do over and over again while leveling and so WoW Key Bindings make short work of these repeatable tasks and help you save time to enjoy World of WarCraft more.
World of WarCraft Key Bindings also add that personal touch to a charcater by combining spells with wow emotes and then creating a wow macro or script to perform the task then add that to a Key, this makes the game experience more fun and your character unique amongst the Horde of players (yes i said it).
WoW Shortcut keys are well worth remembering (or you could have this page open while you play) and try and use as many as possible, you will soon start to learn them.
How do i setup WoW Shortcut Keys, WoW Key Bindings & Hot Keys?
The Key Bindings menu can be found by pressing the Escape / Esc key and clicking “Key Bindings”
“WoW Key bindings” or “binding” is the act of associating a WoW action with a key on your keyboard. Blizzard has pre-defined your keys but you can rearange them if required. The most simple example of WoW Key bindings is Arrow up or “W” Key makes your character run forward, you could change this is you need too.
“WoW Shortcut Keys” these are key combinations that when pressed as the same time (no need for timing the key press) it performs an action. The “Shift” & “Control” keys are the most commonly used with another key for WoW Shortcut Keys. Shift + R is one is use a lot to re-wisper someone that missed my message.
“WoW Hot Keys” is another turm for “WoW Shortcut Keys” These are the same function but given another name by a different group of players.
In the WoW Key Bindings Menu you will find a huge list of WoW Commands you can bind keys too. This would include:
- Movement keys
- Action bar
- Interface Panel
- Target markers
- Vehicle Controls
95 Essential WoW Shortcut Keys
These are the defualt interface WoW key bindings for a new installation. All these shortcut keys can be tailored in the Key Bindings Menu to your personal preference.
|0||Action Button 10|
|1||Action Button 1|
|2||Action Button 2|
|3||Action Button 3|
|4||Action Button 4|
|5||Action Button 5|
|6||Action Button 6|
|7||Action Button 7|
|8||Action Button 8|
|9||Action Button 9|
|-||Action Button 11|
|/||Open/Start chat slash|
|=||Action Button 12|
|B or F12||Opens main backpack|
|Ctrl+0||Pet Action Button 10|
|Ctrl+1||Pet Action Button 1|
|Ctrl+2||Pet Action Button 2|
|Ctrl+3||Pet Action Button 3|
|Ctrl+4||Pet Action Button 4|
|Ctrl+5||Pet Action Button 5|
|Ctrl+6||Pet Action Button 6|
|Ctrl+7||Pet Action Button 7|
|Ctrl+8||Pet Action Button 8|
|Ctrl+9||Pet Action Button 9|
|Ctrl+F1||Special Action Button 1|
|Ctrl+F10||Special Action Button 10|
|Ctrl+F2||Special Action Button 2|
|Ctrl+F3||Special Action Button 3|
|Ctrl+F4||Special Action Button 4|
|Ctrl+F5||Special Action Button 5|
|Ctrl+F6||Special Action Button 6|
|Ctrl+F7||Special Action Button 7|
|Ctrl+F8||Special Action Button 8|
|Ctrl+F9||Special Action Button 9|
|Ctrl+I||Dungeons & Raids|
|Ctrl+PageDOWN||Combat log page down|
|Ctrl+PageUP||Combat log page up|
|Ctrl+Shift+PageDOWN||Combat Log bottom of window|
|Ctrl+V||Show all health and names|
|Ctrl-Tab||Cycles through close allies|
|Escape Key||Shows game menu|
|F||Assist your target|
|F1||Toggles targeting yourself and your pet|
|F12||Opens main backpack|
|F2 - F5||Target Party members|
|F8, F9, F10, F11||Opens 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th bags|
|G||Target 1st enemy|
|H||Honor / PVP window|
|J||Guild & Communities|
|N||Talents (level 10+ only)|
|Num Lock||Toggle walking / running|
|PageDown||Chat Page Down|
|PageUP||Chat Page Up|
|R||Reply to your last wisper|
|Shift +1 to 6||Bound to Action page and cen be selected as needed|
Shift+Mouse Wheel Down
|Next Action Bar|
|Shift+F1||Targets your pet|
|Shift+F2||Targets party members pet|
|Shift+F3||Targets party members pet|
|Shift+F4||Targets party members pet|
|Shift+F5||Targets party members pet|
|Shift+PageDown||Goto bottom of chat window|
|Shift+R||Re-wisper a previous wisper|
|Shift+Space bar||Score Screen|
|Shift+TAB||Target Prevouis ememy|
|Shift-B||Opens all bags|
|Shift-P||Pet panel or Collections?|
|Shift-T||Pet attack your target|
|Shift-V||Show health bars over allies / ememies|
|Tab||Cycles through close enemies|
|V||Show enemy health and name|
|X||Sit / Stand or Fly / Swim Down|
|Z||Toggle sheathing your weapon|
Right Click with your mouse button
- On any enemy to initiate melee attack on it. This works the same as the default key “T”.
- On any object to activate/loot it.
- On an NPC to talk with it.
- On any item to activate its effects. Some effects require a target.
- On an item in the vendor window to buy it.
- On an equipable item to equip it if possible.
- On a Characters portrate to display a list of option avalible
- When your Vendor window is open, right clicking an item will sell it instantly.
- When you bank window is open, right click on an item in your inventory to move it into your bank (does not activate/use the item) into a computer-decided empty slot in the bank.
- Similarly, you can right click any item in your bank (even an item in a bag in the bank) to move it into your inventory.
SHIFT+Left Click your mouse button
- On a stack of items to separate them into 2 stacks.
- On a player name in the Chat Window which is surrounded by  brackets to do a /who on him.
- On a spell in your spellbook to auto-generate the /cast spellname(rank x) text into your Macro window.
- On any bag in your toolbar to open/close ALL your bags at a go. (Or just rebind B to open all bags) Shift+Right-Click works for this too.
- On any item in the Vendor window to buy more than ONE of that item at a time. Say you buy want to buy 20 Coarse threads, just Shift+Left-Click on the Coarse Thread, type 20. You can only purchase up to one stack this way (so you can’t do 21 and more). Shift+Right-Click works for this too.
SHIFT+Right Click your mouse button
- On any lootable object to autoloot everything in it (corpse, mineral node, skinning, quest object, etc)
Left + Right Click your mouse button
- Hold down both Left and Right buttons simultaeneously to walk forward using mouselook.
- Shift+Left-Click on an item to link it into the text. You can link items from your inventory, quest log, profession skill windows and even the auction house. Does not work in General Chat.
- Shift+Left-Click on any quest in your Quest Log to copy the quest name into the current chat.
- Alt-Left and Alt-Right moves your cursor to the left or right so you can edit what you type.
- Alt-Up and Alt-Down scrolls through the last 10 or so commands/text messages that you have typed.
- Ctrl-Backspace deletes everything from the cursor to the start of the line.
- Alt-Ctrl-Left, Alt-Ctrl-Right moves the cursor to the beginning or the previous or next word. Hold down Shift too if you want to highlight the text.
- Alt-Home and Alt-End moves the cursor to the start/end of the line. Hold down Shift to highlight.
- Hit R to reply automatically to the last person who whispered to you.
- Hit R, then press TAB TAB TAB to cycle through a list of all players who last whispered to you so you can easily hold multiple chat conversations.
- When typing any slash command, you can use TAB to autocomplete it. For example, typing /as followed by pressing Tab Tab Tab will cycle through the slash commands beginning with AS.
- Left-Click on a name in the chat window which is surrounded by  brackets, to do an automatic /whisper to him (/tell, /w).
- When you hover your mouse over a chat window pane. A “Tab” will appear after a few seconds for that chat pane. Right click on that Tab to see chat options for that pane (a big menu). Drag that Tab to move the pane. Available only when chat settings are not locked.
More MMORPG World of WarCraft Information
- World of Warcraft – Chat Commands
- World of Warcraft – Essential Combat Commands
- World of Warcraft – Emotes
- World of Warcraft – Group Leader Commands
- World of Warcraft – Guild Commands
- World of Warcraft – Lesser Arcanum of Constitution Quest Guide
- World of Warcraft – Shortcut Keys
- World of Warcraft – Slash Commands
- World of Warcraft – Voice Commands
If you feel we need to add any additional information please leave a comment World of Warcraft – No 1 MMORPG in the World