We now see the addition of the Fortnite Chrome Splash added in Chapter 3 Season 4. This season is going to be a lot of fun and also frustrating at the same time, the increase in sniper damage is just too much in my opinion and single shot kills on 250HP is too OP! But the Chrome Splash certainly makes up for it…
Where to Find Chrome Splash
Chrome Splash can be found on the ground all over the map, the closer you get to a “Chromed” area, like Herald’s Sanctum or Shimmering Shine the more likely you will find Chrome Splash.
It can also be found in all the types of treasure chests but the easier way is just to harvest it with your harvesting tool of choice from a Chrome Rock/Boulder. Normally a rock or boulder will drop multiple Chrome Splash’s, they will stack up to 8 in go.
There is also some NPC that you can buy Chrome Splash from:
- Between Shifty Shafts and Coney Crossroads
How to Use a Chrome Splash
Once you have found a Chrome Splash or harvested some, it will show in your inventory just like all other Fortnite items. You can use the Chrome Splash just like a Chug Splash. However, using multiple Chrome Splashes won’t do anything extra like Chug Splashes do.
Chrome Splashes have a small splash radius when thrown on the floor and so if you stand close to something or someone, you can Chrome multiple things at once!
What can a Chrome Splash be used for?
- Throw it at your feet to Chrome yourself
- Throw it at another Player to Chrome them
- Throw it on an NPC Mercenary to Chrome them
- Throw it on a Vehicle to Chrome it
- Throw on a Treasure Chest to upgrade it to a Chrome Chest!
- Chrome your Reality tree to respawn fruit, just like my guide to How to Regrow Your Reality Saplings Fruit
What Happens if I Chrome a Player or NPC
If a Player becomes Chromed either by themself or a team mate then you gain some cool effects
- You gain a slow regeneration effect
- It’s about 1hp per second
- Sprinting Turns you into a Chrome blob
- You are Immune to fire as a blob
- If you Double Jump, you Speed up
- This is like Combat Sprint but only faster and uses more energy
- As a Blob you will not take falling damage
- Jump off a cliff and turn into blob form for no damage when landing
- You can pass through walls
- Walls don’t need to be Chromed while a blob
- You can NOT be run over by a Vehicle
- You basically a Chrome liquid while a blob
- You can use on a NPC Mercenary
- If you move out of range of your hired Merc, and they phase, they lose the effect
On the down side
- You cannot use weapons as a blob
- Takes 1-2 Seconds to get out of blob form and return to normal
- Only lasts for a set period of time
- If damaged from another player while a Blob, you return to normal
What happens if I Chrome a Vehicle
You can Chrome most of the Vehicles on the Fortnite Island. Not only do they get some Cool Decals like on the Whiplash, but they get another very cool effect, Regeneration! They do seem to feel a bit heavier to drive though.
The vehicle that’s been Chromes will also gain the same regeneration as a player does, only a little faster. It will make some cool metal bending sounds as the panels pop back into place and will start to spark and shimmer as it repairs the car or semi. When its finished it will make the Air Impact Wrench sound.
However, it will only regenerate while you’re NOT in combat, it will not regen during a fight so if you get low HP drive away and take cover and wait for it to regen.
What Happens if I Chrome a Treasure Chest
This is such a cool idea, if you have a Chrome Splash and come across a Treasure Chest or even better an Rare or Epic Treasure Chest then Chrome it up!
Once a Chest is Chromed, then open it to receive EvoChrome Weapons! So far, I have only seen Green EvoChrome Weapons drop no matter what the Chest rarity is like.
Fortnite Guides to help you get Cracked
- How to Get FREE V-Bucks in Fortnite
- FREE Fortnite Battle Pass
- Default KeyBinds
- All 150 Keybinds listed Key
- Map Locations
- Quest Locations
- NPC Locations
- Fortnite Hints, Tips and Tricks
- Fortnite Game Tactics, Old and New
- Fortnite Game Exploits or Bugs
- Fortnite Game Phrases